Homes Sold: 183
Average Days on Market: 28
Median Days on Market: 7
Most Expensive: $1,130,000
Least Expensive: $230,000
Months of Inventory: 1
|Original Price||Final Price||Sold Price||Net Sold|
|Avg Price / SqFt w/o Basement||$256||$251||$249||$249|
|Avg Price / Fin SqFt w/ Basement||$286||$280||$278||$277|
The Highlands neighborhood (not to be confused with Highlands Ranch) has changed considerably over the past decade. This neighborhood continues to be associate with the term “up and coming” and the rise in prices are evident. Highlands is like a small village of bohemian interests just across the river from Downtown Denver.
The neighborhood is in the midst of a housing overhaul with the construction of a number of new contemporary homes and condos while rentals are still readily available on most every block. Exposed brick walls, coved ceilings, built-in cabinets and leaded glass are common architectural characteristics. The homes surrounding the commercial area are quite charming, and the ease of access into Downtown have made the Highlands a sought-after neighborhood for urban professionals and early-stage families.
The commercial center is marked by the intersection of 32nd and Lowell where you’ll find trendy boutiques and restaurants, as well as a few mainstay coffee shops. LoHi, between the Highlands and Downtown is developing its own share of commercial interests as well, as new condo projects light the Highlands Lofts continue to build out. Busy streets in this neighborhood include: Federal, 29th, 32nd, and 38th as well as Lowell.
Highlands Neighborhood Highlights:
- Pho Fusion — fast-casual Asian restaurant, serving contemporary versions of Asian-inspired dishes.
- Heidi’s Deli – Voted Denver’s best deli by readers of 5280 Magazine
- Three Dogs Tavern — the first place in the zip code where you could park your butt on a barstool, drink beer, and watch football on a Sunday
- Mead Street Station — neighborhood pub and grill with live music and great happy hour
- Sushi Sasa — Traditional and ‘New Style’ Japanese cuisine