Homes Sold: 103
Average Days on Market: 94
Median Days on Market: 36
Most Expensive: $657,500
Least Expensive: $61,200
Months of Inventory: 2
|Original Price||Final Price||Sold Price||Net Sold|
|Avg Price / SqFt w/o Basement||$236||$233||$228||$227|
|Avg Price / Fin SqFt w/ Basement||$231||$228||$223||$222|
The Uptown neighborhood lies to the immediate east of Downtown Denver, and offers an eclectic mix of elements: restaurants, retail, historic mansions, new construction loft and condominium projects, hospital campuses, small office buildings, entertainment venues and neighborhood gathering places. It is quickly becoming one of the most popular neighborhoods in the city, due in large part to its ease of accessibility to Downtown.
The architectural styles and housing options in Uptown cross the spectrum from Denver Squares, Victorians, apartment complexes, bungalows, Queen Anne-style houses with second-story porches and much more. A majority of the neighborhood is single family detached houses with tree-lined boulevards that separate sidewalks from the street.
A longtime anchor in the Uptown neighborhood has been a complex of hospitals in the neighborhood’s core. St. Joseph’s, The Children’s Hospital, Presbyterian/St. Luke’s, and Kaiser Permanente are major presences and employers in the neighborhood, and many hospital supply companies, doctor’s offices and related businesses are located in nearby buildings. The hospitals employ nearly 10,000 workers.
Uptown’s southern boundary is Colfax Avenue, Denver’s traditional retail and services corridor that is undergoing a remarkable recovery. New retail, housing and office development is changing Colfax’s landscape, and the refurbished Fillmore Auditorium and Ogden Theater draw music fans for live performances. The numerous restaurants on 17th Street have resulted in a “Restaurant Row” destination attraction.
Uptown Neighborhood Highlights:
- Fillmore Auditorium – concert venue
- The Ogden Theater – concert venue
- Steubens Restaurant – American Regional classics dishes
- Chedd’s Gourmet Grilled Cheese – Gourmet Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- Hamburger Mary’s – Friday nights are for a good ole fashioned Drag SHOW!
- Las Margaritas – Restaurant and cantina with award winning Mexican food
- Parallel Seventeen – Modern interpretation of traditional Vietnamese food
- Pasquini’s Pizzeria – Friendly pizzeria restaurant where the food is extraordinary
- The Avenue Grill – Remains a local fixture for dining, drinks and conversation
Among many other fine restaurants…